Husqvarna 562XP with a 20" Bar
A World Leader in Chain Saws Just Got Better
CHARLOTTE, N.C. – October 28, 2010 - Husqvarna, a world leader in outdoor power equipment for forestry, lawn and garden care, has developed two new professional chain saws. The new 555 and 562 XP chain saws will change the way the industry classifies best-in-class.
These powerful saws boast a sleek and slender product design. The slimmed-down height and width of the saw chassis makes them easier to handle in almost any application. The distance between the front and rear handles has been optimized for efficient, comfortable operation. The innovative design also incorporates a lowered front handle with an overmold grip. On the inside, the 555 and 562 XP take advantage of Husqvarna’s revolutionary reduced gyro force technology. By reducing the weight of the saws’ key moving parts - fly wheel, crank shaft and piston – there is less interior movement in the engine, which creates less gyration. These unique features, inside and out, provide for the ultimate in control.
Not only do these saws look good, they’re also smart. Available on the 562 XP is the latest breakthrough feature from Husqvarna, Revboost. This feature allows for acceleration in chain speed over short periods to increase efficiency during cutting, specifically in de-limbing applications. Revboost is controlled by the ignition and enables users to increase to maximum RPMs for about two seconds. It is designed to provide an optimum ratio of power to RPMs without having the engine run wide open for extended periods of time. To make field maintenance easier, both new saws come with captive bar nuts that remain attached to the clutch cover. This clever feature reduces the possibility of losing parts and productivity while on the job.
In addition to these new developments, the 555 and 562 XP also incorporate many proven elements of Husqvarna’s existing professional-grade chain saws, such as:
• Husqvarna’s X-Torq engine technology, which enables the saws to deliver rapid acceleration and high power over a wider RPM range, even under heavy loads. Additionally, X-Torq increases fuel efficiency by up to 20% while reducing exhaust emissions up to 75%, a twenty percent increase in emissions efficiency compared to previous models.
• Husqvarna’s patented AutoTune technology to deliver maximum performance. Sensors check conditions such as outside temperature and internal airflow and automatically adjust the engine’s fuel-air mix to optimum levels.
• LowVib to dampen vibration and prevent operator fatigue.
• Smart Start for easy and fast starts.
• Air Injection to dramatically reduce debris in the engine resulting in smoother operation and reduced wear.
• Magnesium three-piece crankshaft for maximum durability.